Happy Father’s Day: Give the Special Men in Your Life these Skin Care Gifts
If you are struggling to find that perfect gift for the special father in your life, skincare is a great solution! It’s time to retire the tool kits and other gadgets – the important men in your life deserve to be pampered like kings and blessed with good skincare. The dermatologists at Dermatology & Mohs Surgery Institute are here to help you find the best products for every dad.
How to Get Your Father Skin Care Gifts
Determining Skin Type
The first step in finding suitable skincare is to determine his skin type. While this step seems straightforward, oftentimes people use the wrong products, which will cause breakouts or excessive dryness or oiliness. If his skin stays consistently oily, is acne prone, or feels weighed down when using thick creams, he has oily skin. If his skin is flaky and most face products feel drying, he has dry skin. Lastly, if he appears oily on his t-zone, but also experiences dry patches, he probably has combination skin. Once you have determined his skin type, you can begin finding the perfect products for his skincare regimen.
What differentiates skincare products is the ingredients they are made of. For example, if you are searching for a product that helps with dryness and aging, look for products with hyaluronic acid or retinol. These products hold in moisture and help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. If you are looking for oil control and something to stop breakouts, look for products with salicylic acid, BHA/AHA, and niacinamide. This will help reduce oil production and redness caused from breakouts. Overall, avoiding fragrance in products is best because it often irritates the skin and does not serve a quintessential purpose to the product. When considering price, more expensive does not always mean better! Many high-end skin care products are not actually as effective as their price suggests.
The Best Skincare Products for Men
Here are some products we recommend for the special men in your life.
1. Brickell’s Purifying Charcoal Face Wash is perfect for any skin type. The charcoal will draw out toxins and impurities from the skin to provide a deep clean, without drying or damaging. This facewash is also packed with hydrating ingredients such as jojoba oil, aloe vera, vitamin E and B-5 to prevent dehydration of the skin. Brickell also makes an anti-aging cream that is rich with dimethylethanolamine and methylsulfonylmethane, which reduce age spots and wrinkles.
2. Rugged & Dapper’s Age and Damage Defense Moisturizer is perfect for reducing fine lines and giving the skin an extra boost of hydration. This product has hyaluronic acid, which traps moisture in the skin, keeping it naturally hydrated and glowing. This product is made especially for men, making it perfect for that post-shave skin.
3. Kiehl’s Facial Fuel Energizing Tonic for Men. The Facial Fuel line contains products created specifically for men. This tonic’s standout ingredients include caffeine, vitamin C, and vitamin E, which help liven skin, and close pores after his shave.
4. Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial is also the perfect way to pamper the special father in your life. This product contains AHA and BHA, which work together to chemically exfoliate his skin, and correct rough, uneven skin. This 20-minute facial will leave the father in your life with bright, youthful skin.
5. SPF is always recommended for males and females of any age. The sun’s powerful rays cause discoloration and wrinkles, so products with SPF are especially important. CeraVe’s Facial Moisturizing lotion AM with SPF 30 is perfect for all skin types. It is lightweight and fragrance free. This product contains ceramides 1, 3, 6, and 11 which aid in restoring and maintaining the skin’s protective barrier.
For More Skincare Advice
What better way to show someone special that you care than pampering them with products to make them feel amazing? These products will leave your father looking and feeling brand new! If you have more questions regarding skin care specifics, the dermatologists at Dermatology & Mohs Surgery Institute can help diagnose and treat problematic skin. If you are in or around Bloomington, Illinois fill out this form and a dermatologist will help you take the proper steps in caring for your skin.